It’s been 2 weeks since France’s lockdown and I’ve been cleaning, sorting, packing, arranging and got the house tidy and spotless! So… I found some dried asian bits in the kitchen cupboards, googled for recipe ideas and decided to bake! This recipe turned out better than expected and it’s one to note and keep because it’s not too sweet, not too buttery and super easy to prep and bake. I even had leftover ingredients which I used to make a hot chinese tea brew and also as toppings for tomorrow morning’s yogurt.
Now… here’s the recipe for 6 muffins!
- 20g Wolfberries / Goji Berries
- 50g Dried Longans
- 90g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 80g Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110g Self Raising Flour / Cake Flour
- Soak Goji berries + Dried Longan in warm water for 30 mins
- Whisk soft butter + brown sugar to a consistent texture
- Add in an egg at a time and continue whisking
- Add in sieved flour and mix the batter
- Pour in soaked goji berries + longans
- Fill batter into 2/3 of each muffin moulds
Bake at 180 degrees for 30 mins.